So…as you remember, Bre and I were trying to raise funds for Tulsa’s Salvation Army and The Most Amazing Race. Well, we didn’t finish 1st in fund-raising, we came in 2nd. But that’s ok. We tried REALLY hard and actually earned way more than we ever thought we would. We were a little disappointed to see 1st place slip out of our hands, but it was all for a good cause.
We did however, win 1st place in the RACE. Oh man, we couldn’t believe it! We were SO thrilled!! The race was SO much fun. I would definitely do it again! We had 10 obstacles/events to complete and covered 3.75 miles on foot. Which we ran 98% of the time, which is honestly the only reason we won. We did raise enough money to earn a 5 minute head start (along with 9 other teams), a U-turn (along with 2 other teams), and a fast pass (along with 2 other teams).
Here are the events/obstacles we completed:
- Follow directions and make a balloon dog (1 teammate)
- Like the game of Memory, locate 2 matching cards under the mattresses at the Salvation Army (2 teammates)
- Complete left & right leg splits with aerial silks (1 teammate)
- Shoot a layup, free throw, and 3 point (2 teammates); Name 35 states, matched with their shape, displayed in a random order (2 teammates); Throw a football through a tire (2 teammates – FAST PASS)
- Roll a fire hose like a cinnamon roll, pull a fire hose up and over the 2nd floor balcony (2 teammates)
- Eat a small pizza with no hands (1 teammate); roll 10 silverware (1 teammate)
- Complete the Army Boot camp blow up obstacle course and remove 6 items from the game of Operation (without buzzing – 2 teammates – U-TURN another team)
- Memorize a script, repeat it around the block, take a pic with a statue and post to Facebook/twitter and hash tag it (2 teammates)
- Tour a building, learning about it’s history, then answer 10 questions about what you learned (2 teammates)
- 5 burpees, 5 toadies; 10 yard wheelbarrow (down/back switching teammates on the return); put the days events/obstacles in order; flip a tractor tire twice (2 teammates)
All events took place around downtown Tulsa. Many were spread out, so after leaving the Salvation Army, we were bused until we reached Andonlini’s Pizzeria (#6). Other than that, we ran from event to event.